Utkatasana is the Sanskrit word which is also known as chair pose in yoga. Chair pose is one of the best yoga poses for the beginners which is effective to burn fat on the stomach, strengthen legs, and improve balance. Let’s see steps and benefits of Utkatasana.
Utkata – Powerful, Intense
Asana – Pose
English Name – Chair Pose
Utkatasana Steps (Chair Pose)
- Stand straight and keep 4-6 inches distance between your feet like tadasana.
- In the starting position, your arms should be perpendicular to the ground.
- Now while inhaling bend your knees to sit on an imaginary chair.
- Hold this position as much as you can. Hands should be parallel to the ground and palm facing downward.
- Now while exhaling release your pose to come to the starting position (Tadasana). The hands should be perpendicular to the ground.
- This is one cycle. Repeat this cycle for many times.
- Strengthens your thighs, knees, legs, and arms.
- Effective to reduce fat on thighs, stomach, and waist.
- Improves the function of the reproductive system.
- Releases gas and prevents constipation.
- Improves balance.
- Keep breathing normally If you cannot hold breathing.
- Avoid if you have pain in lower back and knee.
- Should not practice during periods.
- Heart patient should not hold their breath.
- Low blood pressure and arthritis patient should not practice.
- Pregnant women should practice under an expert guidance.