For calming mind or releasing anger instantly, bhramari pranayama is one of the best breathing exercises.
Bhramari = Indian bee, Pranayama= breathing technique. In this breathing exercise, when you breathe out, a typical humming sound like (Indian bee) comes so it is called as bhramari pranayam.
Steps of Bhramari Pranayama
- Before start breathing, close your ears with your thumb. Place your index finger above the eyebrows and place your remaining three fingers on the eyes.
- Now inhale deeply
- Now, while exhaling, make a humming sound like a bee, “hummm”. Try to say “Om” in soft humming sound while exhaling.
- Keep in mind while exhaling or inhaling mouth should be closed.
- While practicing bhramari pranayam, concentrate on the center of the eyebrows and make feel your body is experiencing positive energy and inner joy.
- Beginners may practice for 2 – 3 minutes. The advanced practitioner can increase the duration.
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama
- Reduces stress, tension, and depression.
- Destroys negative energy and gives positive energy.
- Calms mind and body.
- Releases frustration and anger instantly.
- Controls high blood pressure.
- Cures heart blockages.
- Helps to cure sinus problem.
- Improves concentration.
Precautions for Bhramari Pranayama
- Heart patient should practice slowly. Should not hold their breath for a long time.
- Those people suffering from a migraine or head tumors should not practice bhramari pranayama.
- Pranayama should be done under expert guidance. Always consult a doctor if you are suffering from any serious health problems.