If you are suffering from heart problems or want to prevent heart attack, you must practice those effective exercises of yoga for heart disease. Due to wrong lifestyle, the ratio of a heart attack in the world is increasing day by day. According to the research, healthy eating, meditation, practicing yoga poses and seven pranayamas (breathing exercises) play an important role in curing, preventing and reversing heart disease without spending money.
What is Heart Disease?
Heart disease or coronary heart disease is a disorder of blood vessels (the arteries) which supplies blood, oxygen, and nutrients to the heart. When these arteries of the heart become blocked the supply of blood, oxygen and nutrients to the heart get stops which lead to heart attack.
Causes of Heart Disease
Common Signs and Symptoms of Heart Disease
1. Shortness of breath
2. Chest pain
4. Irregular heart beats
7 Best Exercises of Yoga for Heart Disease
Practicing seven pranayamas (breathing exercises) play an important role in heart disease prevention. Practicing breathing exercises regularly on an empty stomach is one of the best ways to get rid of heart problems and reduce your risk of heart disease.
1. Bhastrika Pranayama for Heart Disease
- Regular practice of bhastrika pranayama boosts the immune system and keeps diseases away.
- Helps to release stress, anxiety and tension.
- Increases supply of oxygen and purifies the blood.
- Beneficial in migraine, depression.
- Effective in preventing heart disease.
Practicing bhastrika pranayama for 5-10 minutes is one of the best breathing exercises to prevent or reduce risk of heart attack. Actually, if you are stronger from inside, then the chances of suffering from any disease are less.
Precaution for Bhastrika Pranayama
High blood pressure patients or heart disease patient should practice slowly.
[ More Details – Bhastrika Pranayama Steps and Benefits ]
2. Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Kapalbhati improves the function of the lungs, spleen, liver, pancreas as well as heart.
- Reduces cholesterol.
- Helpful to remove blockages of arteries.
Heart patients should not overdo kapalbhati pranayama. Practice slowly means one exhalation (breathing out) in 2 – 3 seconds.
[ More Details – Kapalbhati Pranayama Steps and Benefits]
3. Anulom Vilom Pranayama to Remove Blockage
Anulom vilom pranayama is one of the best-recommended breathing exercises of yoga for heart disease patients, which helps to cure heart disease as well as reduces the risk of heart problems.
In this pranayama first, you have to close the right nostril with the thumb of the hand and inhale deeply through the left nostril. Now close left nostril and exhale deeply through the right nostril. This way you will have to repeat this cycle.
Benefits of Anulom Pranayama
- Calms the mind.
- Very beneficial for angina patient.
- Reduces high blood pressure, which causes heart problems.
- Releases stress, depression, tension and anxiety.
- 2 months practice of anulom vilom pranayama removes blockages of arteries completely and makes them clear to increase blood flow and to prevent a heart attack.
[ More Details – Anulom Vilom Pranayama Steps and Benefits ]
4. Bhramari Pranayama for Heart Disease
In Bhramari, place your index fingers on your forehead and remaining three on your eyes. Close both your ears with the help of thumbs. Inhale deeply through both the nostrils and while exhaling makes the sound of humming bee “hummmmm”
It is the best pranayama to cure heart problems and reduce risk of the heart attack.
- The regular practice of pranayama removes blockages in the arteries and make them clean and clear.
- Controls high blood pressure naturally without any medicines which helps in preventing heart problems.
- Improves concentration.
- Release tension, stress and depression.
[ More Details ]
5. Udgeeth Pranayama
Benefits of Udgeeth Pranayama
- Releases tension, stress, anger and depression.
- Calms the mind.
- Reduce hypertension (High blood pressure)
[ More Details – Benefits and Steps of Udgeeth Pranayama ]
6. Pranav Pranayama
Pranav pranayama is like doing meditation, which should be done after practicing all pranayama. People of any age can do this pranayama. It is the best breathing exercise of yoga for heart disease patient to reduce high blood pressure, stress and anger.
In this pranayama you have to sit quietly and close your eyes. Focus and concentrate on your normal breathing (inhaling and exhaling) while practicing Pranav pranayama.
- It is beneficial for high blood pressure and heart problems.
- Releases stress, anger, depression and anxiety.
- Excellent for meditation.
- Controls high blood pressure to reduces risk of heart attack.
[ More Details – Pranav Pranayama Benefits and Steps]
7. Pavanamuktasana for Heart Disease
In pavanamuktasana (Wind removing pose), you have to lie down on your back, then lift your both legs with folded knees to touch your stomach. Hold your knees with your both the hands and try to touch your forehead to the knees. Practicing pavanamukstasana for 5 minutes is helpful asana of yoga for heart disease patient to avoid heart problems.
Benefits of Pavanamuktasana
- Removes gas in the stomach and ease digestion process
- Improves function of the lungs.
- Prevents heart disease.
- Relieve back pain.
- Reduces belly fat and helps in weight loss.
[ More Details – Pavanamuktasana, Wind Removing Pose Steps and Benefits ]
These exercises of yoga for heart disease should be done under an expert guidance and slowly.