Do you know that by doing simple eye exercises we can keep them healthy? The following eye exercises of yoga are effective to improve vision and strengthen eye muscle. Let’s check the best eye exercises of yoga for eyesight improvement one by one.
1. Palming to Improve Eyesight
In the list of yoga exercises for eyes, palming is most common and popular technique to relax your eye muscles.
- Rub your palms of hands on each other until they become warm.
- Close your eyes and place the warm palms on your eyes for few seconds until all the heat has been completely absorbed by the eyes.
- Again rub both the hands and repeat the process.
2. Deep Blinking
It is one of the best exercises of yoga for eyesight improvement and strengthening eye muscles.
- Blink your eyes quickly for 10-20 times.
- After few seconds break, start blinking again.
- Repeat this process for 4-5 times.
3. Looking Left and Right
Another important eye exercise to improve eyesight is looking left and right.
- Sit straight and start looking left to right as shown in above image.
- Repeat for 10-20 times
4. Rotational Viewing
To strengthen and improve your eyesight rotational viewing yoga exercise is much effective. The exercise is easy and simple.
- Sit straight and rotate your eyes clockwise then anticlockwise.
- Repeat this for 10-20 times.
5. Up and Down Viewing
Another effective eye exercise is looking up and down as shown in above image.
- Look up and down for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this for 4-5 times.
6. Look Near and Far
Looking near and far It is the best practice to improve your eyesight and strengthen eye muscles.
- As shown in above image focus on the object at the distance 10-20 feet for few seconds.
- Now focus on the object which is far away from you.
- Repeat this process for few times.
7. Zoom in Zoom Out
Zoom in zoom out is also the important exercise of yoga for eyesight improvement.
- Keep your hand straight and focus on your thumb for few seconds
- Now bring your thumb closer to you and focus on it for few seconds.
- Again keep your hand straight and repeat the procedure again.
8. Figure of Eight
To strengthen your eye muscles tracing the sides of figure eight is an effective exercise.
- Consider a big figure 8 in front of you and you have to trace it according to the arrow as shown in above image.
- Try to trace the sides of figure eight for few minutes.
9. Rule of 20-20-20
It is one of the best eye exercises to improve eyesight.
It means focus on an object which is 20 feet away from you for 20 seconds after every 20 minutes.
10. Shirshasana to Improve Eyesight
Practicing Shirshasana (headstand yoga pose) is one of the best exercises of yoga for eyesight improvement. Shirshasana improves the circulation of blood in the head region and improves eyesight.
More Details – Steps and Benefits of Shirshasana (Head Stand Yoga Pose)