Virabhadrasana is the Sanskrit word. Vira – hero, warrior. Bhadra – friend, good. Asana – pose. The pose looks like standing warrior hence it is known as warrior pose or virabhadrasana. Warrior yoga pose is effective to strengthen your arms, shoulder, legs and thighs. Let’s see more benefits, steps, and precautions.
Warrior Yoga Pose Steps
- Stand straight with an erect spine. Keep 3-4 feet distance between feet.
- Now turn your right foot at 90 degrees and raise your both hands parallel to the ground. Palms should be facing to the ground.
- Now while exhaling bend your right knee. Try to bend at 90 degrees.
- Turn your head to the right and hold this position for few minutes. Keep breathing normally and keep your face happy.
- Now while inhaling come up and turn back your right foot at starting position.
- While breathing out bring your hands down.
- Now repeat this process with the left leg and then right leg.
- This way you have to practice virabhadrasana for few minutes.
Virabhadrasana, Warrior Yoga Benefits
- Stretches your arms and legs.
- Strengthens your arms, thighs, legs, shoulders and lower back.
- Improves your posture and balance.
- Increases stamina.
- Provides energy.
Virabhadrasana, Warrior Yoga Precautions
- It is not for high blood pressure patient.
- Pregnant women should take the support of the wall. But should consult your doctor.
- Do not practice warrior yoga pose if you have a knee injury.