In Sanskrit, “Vajra” means “Diamond” and “Asana” means “Pose”, so it is called as Vajrasana or Diamond pose. Those who are suffering from gas, obesity, acidity, indigestion, and constipation should practice Vajrasana yoga pose.
Vajrasana can be done immediately after having your meal. Normally yoga poses should be done on an empty stomach, but vajrasana is an exception to this rule. 15 minutes of Vajrasana help to improve digestion, cure acidity, burn extra fat of thigh, hips and waist. Yes, any time you can do vajrasana.
Vajrasana Yoga Pose Steps
- Take rest for 5 minutes before starting vajrasana.
- Now fold your both legs backward by placing your heels and knees together. Try to sit on your heels.
- Place your palms of hands on your thighs and sit straight.
- Now breathe slowly and deeply through both the nostrils.
- Close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing.
- Beginners should hold this position for 2-3 minutes. After good practice, you can increase the duration of practice.
Benefits of Vajrasana Yoga Pose
- Improves the function of the digestive system.
- Cures acidity.
- Cures gas, indigestion and constipation.
- Improves blood circulation in the pelvic region and strengthens pelvic muscles.
- Beneficial for those suffering from spine problems like sciatica.
- Keep your blood pressure under control.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Cures irregular periods, urinary problems and relieve pain during periods.
- Helps to reduce obesity.
- Calms the mind.
- Strengthens thigh muscles.
- Reduces extra fat of thigh, hips and waist.
Precautions for Vajrasana Yoga Pose
- Those having knee problems or undergone knee surgery or joint pain, should not practice.
- Do not overdo if you feel pain. Take a rest by releasing the posture.
- If you are feeling uncomfortable in sitting on heels you can place a cushion or blanket between the buttocks and your heels.