Diabetes Mellitus or high blood sugar is the condition where our body does not produce insulin hormone. Insulin plays an important role to absorb glucose in the blood and transfer it to body cells for proper body function. Below yoga asanas for diabetes are beneficial to cure and control high blood sugar.
Regular practice of yoga poses and pranayama is the best way to prevent type 2 diabetes without taking any medicines.
[ More Details – Different Types of Diabetes Type 1 and Type 2 ]
What is the Role of Pancreas and Insulin Hormone?
When we eat food it gets converted to glucose (sugar). This time, pancreas start producing insulin hormone which absorbs glucose in the blood. It allows glucose to enter the body cells to use it as a fuel. This glucose energy is very important for your body to work properly.
Top 4 Pranayama and Yoga Asanas for Diabetes Cure
Diabetes or high blood sugar should be treated on time otherwise, it may lead to heart disease, nerve damages, kidney damage, blindness and skin complications.
[ Do Not Miss – Early Symptoms and Causes of Hyperglycemia ]
- Regular practice of kapalbhati controls high blood sugar level and cures Type 2 diabetes without taking any expensive medicines.
- Kapalbhati is a very popular breathing exercise to stimulate and improve the function of pancreas naturally to produce enough insulin hormone. It is one of the most important benefits of kapalbhati pranayama in diabetes.
- Kapalbhati pranayama boosts metabolism as well as an immune system which help in preventing diabetes.
- Kapalbhati strengthens and improves the function of kidneys, liver and intestines and overall body.
- Kapalbhati breathing exercise burn belly fat as well as lose weight. This way kapalbhati prevents and reduces the risk of diabetes.
[ More Details – Kapalbhati Pranayama Steps and Benefits]
2. Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Anulom vilom pranayama is an excellent breathing exercise to release stress, depression, and tension. Stress and depression are also the main causes of diabetes (high blood sugar).
- 5 minutes practice of anulom vilom pranayama calms the mind, body, and soul.
- Improves the blood circulation in the body.
- Increases positive energy and releases toxins from the body.
Those benefits of anulom vilom pranayama are very helpful to prevent and control high blood sugar naturally without medicines.
[ More Details – Anulom Vilom Pranayama Steps and Benefits ]
- In bhastrika pranayama our body gets maximum oxygen due to deep inhaling and releases carbon dioxide.
- Bhastrika pranayama strengthens the nervous system and improves blood circulation.
- Regular practice of bhastrika pranayama boosts our immune system and keeps us away from any disease.
[ More Details – Bhastrika Pranayama Steps and Benefits ]
- Those who are suffering from Diabetes or those want to prevent diabetes should practice mandukasana regularly. Mandukasana is one of the effective yoga asanas for diabetes control and cures it naturally.
- Regular practice of mandukasana improves the function of the pancreas to produce enough amount of the insulin hormone. If your body produces insulin and lower blood sugar naturally then there is no need take medicines if you are a good yoga practitioner.
- Mandukasana is an excellent yoga asana to reduce acidity, indigestion, and constipation.
- Strengthens intestine, liver, kidney and heart.
[ Do Not Miss – Mandukasana Steps and Benefits ]
- Balasana is also known as chil’d pose which is also known as relaxation pose.
- Balasana yoga pose reduces stress and fatigue.
- Balasana calms the mind and body.
- Those benefits of balasana (child pose) help to control high blood sugar in diabetes.
Balasana is also one of the effective yoga asanas for diabetes control because it helps to calm the mind and reduce stress.
[ More Details – Balasana Benefits and Steps ]
6. Halasana Yoga Pose
- Halasana is also known as plow pose which is one of the important poses in yoga for diabetes patient.
- Stimulates pancreas and its activity.
- Strengthens abdominal muscles.
- Boosts immune system.
- Cures obesity and helps in weight loss.
- Reduces stress and fatigue.
- Important yoga pose to cure thyroid problems.
[ More Details – Halasana Plough Pose Benefits and Steps ]
- Surya namaskar improves blood circulation and supplies blood to various parts of the body.
- Stimulates the pancreas to produce insulin hormone.
- Reduces stress, tension, and depression, which reduce the risk of diabetes and control high blood sugar also.
- Suryanamaskar is beneficial to reduce belly fat and lose weight also.
[ Do Not Miss – Suryanamaskar Steps and Benefits]
- Stretches neck, shoulders, arms and legs.
- Improves function of the pancreas to produce insulin so beneficial for a diabetes patient to control high blood sugar.
- Stimulates function of the abdominal area of the body.
- Improves the function of the liver, kidney, and intestine.
[ More Details – Dhanurasana Bow Pose Benefits and Steps ]
Tips to Control Diabetes Without Medicine
- Always eat vegetable which is full of fibers.
- Tea and coffee should be avoided. But without sugar, you can.
- Eating more rice leads to produce more glucose so it’s better to reduce intake of white rice. If possible do not eat at night.
- More weight means risk of high blood sugar so if possible go for walking or jogging or yoga exercises to reduce weight.
- Do not eat fatty, junk or fried foods.
- Stress, tension and depression lead to diabetes problem. So practice pranayama to reduce stress.
- Regular exercising is a must for diabetes patient. 30 minutes exercise helps to lower blood sugar naturally.
- Papaya, guava, apples and orange are good for diabetes patient, but avoid other fruits.
Note – Above yoga asanas for diabetes should be done under the expert guidance and should consult your doctor first, to avoid other complications.
[Do Not Miss]