Trikonasana is the Sanskrit word. Trikona – triangle, Asana – pose. Regular practice of trikonasana is beneficial to increase height, burn fat, strengthen legs, arm, knees and spine. Let’s check steps and more health benefits of trikonasana.
- Stand straight with an erect spine. Keep 3-4 feet distance between both the feet like Warrior Pose.
- Turn your right foot at 90 degrees. Do not bend your legs.
- Now while exhaling bend your upper body to the right from the waist.
- Your right hand should touch to the right foot and left hand should be facing towards the ceiling.
- Keep watching towards your left palm. Hold this position for few deep breaths.
- Now while inhaling come to the starting position. Keep your right foot straight. Bring down your left hand.
- Now repeat this process with your left leg.
- Repeat this yoga pose for 5 -10 times.
Benefits of Trikonasana, Triangle Pose
- One of the best yoga poses to increase height for growing children’s.
- Relaxes your whole body.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Improves digestion process.
- Effective to burn body fat.
- Strengthens your legs, hips, groins, knees, spine, and arms.
- Good for back pain.
- Improves balance and posture.
- Tone your body.
Trikonasana Yoga Precautions
- Avoid if you are suffering from back or neck injury.
- Avoid trikonasana if you are suffering from a migraine, headache, low or high blood pressure.
- If you are suffering from neck injury should not look up when you are in the final position.
- Always practice under an expert guidance to avoid injury.