Setu Bandhasana is the Sanskrit word. The word Setu means Bridge, Bandha means Lock, Asana means Pose. The final pose looks like a shape of bridge hence it is known as Setu Bandhasana or bridge pose in yoga. It is one of the best poses to relieve back pain, relieve stress, cure thyroid problem and so many. Let’s check steps and benefits of Setubandhasana (Bridge Pose).
Setu Bandhasana Steps?
- Lie flat on your back like Shavasana (corpse) yoga pose.
- Arms should be beside your body and palm should be facing down.
- Before starting, bend your knees. Keep some distance between feet.
- Now while inhaling, lift your hips up and try to touch the chest to the chin. Do not bring your chin down. Press your arms and feet into to the floor to lift your hips up.
- Hold this position for few seconds and breathe normally.
- Now while exhaling, bring down your hip and back to release your pose.
- Repeat this cycle for 10-15 times.
Setu Bandhasana Benefits
- Strengthens your spine, shoulders, arms, back, and neck.
- Stimulates your nervous system and endocrine.
- Relieve back pain.
- Improves the function of abdomen area.
- Improves the function of digestive system.
- Relieves menstrual pain.
- Helps to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Helps to cure thyroid problem and improves the function of thyroid glands.
- Calms your mind and body.
Setu Bandhasana Precautions
- Those who are suffering from neck and spine problem should not practice.
- Do not practice forcefully.