In both men and women, hair fall is fairly common. The hair fall problem can be temporary or permanent. In both cases, applying home remedies is beneficial. To stop hair loss you should follow a healthy lifestyle, eating habits and natural home remedies for hair loss. We will see some effective home remedies and tips to prevent hair fall.
Natural Hair Loss Remedies
1. Coconut Milk
Applying coconut milk on your head once in a week is one of the best ways to stop hair loss naturally. Coconut milk is one the best home remedies for hair loss because it is highly nutritious, a rich source of fiber, proteins, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5, B6 and minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, selenium, sodium, and phosphorous. Coconut Milk contains saturated fat and also it has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties.
Coconut milk is full of nutrients and vitamins which strengthen your roots of hair, reduces breaking hair, regrow hair and prevents hair damages.
Apply 1 cup coconut milk to your scalp and cover it with a towel for 20 minutes. After that wash your head with cool water. You can prepare coconut milk at home also. Just grate coconut and squeeze out the milk. Mix some water in it and your coconut milk is ready.
2. Neem Leaves
Neem contains antibacterial properties. It is very effective to fight infections and skin problems. Regular use of neem reduces dandruff naturally, promotes hair growth and improves blood circulation.
How to Prepare?
Boil the leave of neem in some water for few minutes. Cool the mixture and then wash your hair with this mixture.
Make sure that while washing hair, the neem water doesn’t get into your eyes. Because it may lead to burning in eyes.
3. Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamins including A, C, E, folic acid, choline, B1, B2, B3 (niacin), B6 and B12. Aloe Vera also contains minerals like zinc, chromium, selenium, calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese.
Aloe Vera is antioxidants and contains proteolytic enzymes which repair dead skin cells and on the scalp. Aloe Vera is full of vitamins and minerals which help to regrow hair, reduces dandruff and prevent itching on the scalp naturally.
Massage the pulp of Aloe Vera on your scalp and wash your hair after half an hour. Aloe Vera is one of the best natural home remedies for hair loss which should be applied twice a week on the hair.
Should not use yellow colored sap of the Aloe Vera which contains toxins and may damage your hair skin. You can boil Aloe Vera before extracting pulp.
Amla is also one of the effective home remedies for hair loss because it is antioxidants and a good source of vitamin C, iron, and calcium. Effective to prevent hair fall, reduce cell damage, stimulate blood circulation and hair growth.
How to Prepare?
Boil coconut oil with dried Amla for few minutes until the oil turns black. Cool the mixture and then apply on your scalp. Wait for 30 minutes and then wash it. Repeat this twice a week for a good result.
5. Honey, Olive Oil, and Cinnamon
Mix two tablespoons of honey and olive oil in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder and make a smooth paste.
Apply this mixture to the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Repeat this twice a week.
The mixture is effective to regrow hair and prevent hair fall.
6. Coconut Oil Massage
Coconut oil contains antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Also, coconut oil is a rich source of vitamin E. All these things are very effective to make your hair strong and healthy. Beneficial to reduce whitening of hair and dandruff. Also, it fights scalp infection. Hence coconut oil is one of the best natural home remedies for hair loss.
What to Do?
- Massage your scalp regularly with lukewarm coconut oil and leave it for 30 minutes or overnight before taking a bath.
- You can use almond oil, amla oil, neem oil or mustard oil. These oils also effective to prevent hair loss and breaking hair naturally.
7. Egg White
The egg is a good source of protein, vitamin B2, D, B6, B12. Also, it contains a good amount of selenium, vitamin, and minerals such as zinc, iron, and copper. These vitamins and nutrients are beneficial for healthy hair. Also, it prevents hair loss and regrows hair.
What to Do?
- Take egg white of two eggs (separate the yolks) in a bowl and mix it thoroughly to make it thick.
- Apply the paste to your scalp with the help of hair dye brush.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Wash it with cool water followed by a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this once a week.
You can mix a teaspoon of olive oil also in egg white and apply on your scalp which is one of the best home remedies to stop hair fall naturally.
8. Lemon Juice
Applying lemon juice on your hair is the best way to stop hair loss naturally because lemon is a good source of vitamin C, E, B and minerals like calcium, folate, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, and protein.
Regular use of lemon juice reduces hair damage, control hair fall and reduce dandruff. If your hairs are oily then you must wash your hair with lemon juice.
What to do?
- Take one cup of lemon juice and mix some warm water in it.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Then wash it with cool water.
- Repeat it once or twice a week.
Should not use lemon juice frequently, it may dry out your hair. Lemon juice is acidic so close your eyes while applying on your hairs.
[ Do Not Miss – 17 Benefits of Lemon Water ]
Henna is also one of the best natural home remedies for hair loss which has been used as a natural conditioner and hair color since ancient times. Also, it is very effective to strengthen hairs and prevent hair loss.
Henna powder is easily available in the market. Mix one cup of henna powder in one cup of curd. Apply the paste to your hair and let it dry. After that wash your hair with cool water and mild shampoo.
10. Honey, Olive Oil, and Cinnamon
Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add 1 tablespoons of cinnamon powder and mix thoroughly to make a good paste of it.
Apply this mixture to your scalp and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Honey contains antibacterial properties which are very helpful for a healthy scalp. Applying this mixture once a week is good to prevent hair loss and it is very effective to grow new hairs.
Causes of Hair Fall
- Stress, depression, and tension
- Hereditary – If your parents are suffering from hair fall problem
- Hormonal imbalance due to unhealthy lifestyle, thyroid gland problem, menopause, and pregnancy
- Serious illness
- Insufficient blood circulation in the scalp
- Skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis
- Skin infection on your scalp
- Iron or protein deficiency
- Frequent use of chemicals
- Frequently strengthening and curling
- Wrong medications
- Unhealthy eating
Tips to Prevent and Stop Hair Loss
- Please stop combing wet hair if you want to stop breaking hair and hair fall.
- Use wide comb while combing hair.
- Do not use chemical products frequently on hair.
- Wash your scalp regularly and keep it clean to avoid dandruff and infection.
- If possible stay away from mental stress because it is also one of the causes of hair fall.
- Avoid junk food because it does not contains any essential nutrients. It contains only excessive calories which lead to hair fall.
- Eat more green vegetables, protein, and fruits.
- Exercise plays an important role to stop hair fall because it improves the blood circulation and oxygen to your scalp.
- Lukewarm water instead of hot water to wash your head.
- Regularly massage your hair with lukewarm oil at least once a week.
- Drink sufficient water which is very helpful to prevent hair fall.
- Trim the split end of hair regularly. Split end of hair causes hair fall.
- Hot blower and dryer should be avoided.
- Do not tie your hair too tight
Hope you like the article on natural home remedies for hair loss. Please share or leave a comment below. But you should consult your doctor if you are suffering from any serious health issue.