Marjariasana or cat yoga pose is one of the best yoga poses to relieve back pain, increase flexibility in the back and improve blood circulation. Let’s check steps and benefits of cat pose.
Sanskrit Word – Marjariasana
Marjari – Cat
Asana – Pose or Posture
English Word – Cat Pose
Marjariasana, Cat Yoga Pose Steps
- First, sit in Vajrasana yoga Pose (Diamond pose) then form a table-like structure as shown in above image.
- In the starting position, your head and back should be straight.
- Now take a deep breath and raise your head backward and push your navel downward.
- Hold this position and breath for few seconds.
- Now while exhaling move your head downward and lift your back upward as much as you can.
- Hold this position for few seconds.
- Now take a deep breath and come to the starting position.
- Repeat this cycle for 5-6 times.
Marjariasana, Cat Yoga Pose Benefits
- Strengthens your spine and improves its flexibility.
- Stretches your back muscles.
- Relieves back pain.
- Improves the function of digestive system.
- Stimulates abdominal organs.
- Improves the function of kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Calms your mind and relieves stress.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Good exercise during pregnancy.
- Those who are suffering from neck and back injury should not practice.
- Pregnant women should practice under an expert guidance.