Makarasana is the Sanskrit word which is also known as Crocodile Yoga Pose. The final pose looks like the shape of crocodile hence it is called as crocodile pose. It is one of the popular yoga poses to reduce stress, fatigue, anxiety and relax your body. Let’s check the steps and benefits of Makarasana (Crocodile pose).
Makara – Crocodile
Asana – Pose
English Name – Crocodile Pose
- Lie flat on your stomach.
- In the starting position, legs should be straight and keep some distance between the feet.
- Place your forehead on your folded arms.
- Now lift your head, shoulders up and place your chin on the palms as shown in the above image.
- Close your eyes and keep breathing deeply.
- Hold this position for a few minutes.
- After that release your pose by coming to the starting position.
- Repeat is 2-3 times if you feel comfortable.
Crocodile Pose Benefits
- Improves the function of abdomen organs.
- Relieves stress, anxiety, fatigue and depression.
- It is an excellent yoga pose for those who are suffering from slip disc and other back problem.
- Improves the function of the respiratory system.
- It is an effective yoga asana for Asthma and lung disorder patients.
- If you feel pain while doing Makarasana then stop immediately.