Kapalbhati pranayama is one of the most effective, powerful and popular breathing exercises to lose belly fat. It is also known as a weight loss exercise. Regular practice of kapalbhati breathing exercise keeps you fit and fine. It helps to improve the function of heart, liver, pancreas, stomach, and kidneys.
In the Sanskrit Language,
Kapal = Forehead, Bhati = Shining, Pranayama = Breathing exercise
According to experts, 80 percent of the toxins in our body get released through exhaling (breathing out). Regular practice of kapalbhati pranayama detoxifies our body and mind. Obvious kapalbhati pranayama brings a glow on your forehead which is a sign of the pure, happy and healthy body.
Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Cure’s obesity. Effective in losing belly fat and weight loss.
- Stimulates abdominal organs.
- It improves the function of the pancreas, which helps to produce enough insulin hormone.
- Effective in lower down a high blood sugar level in diabetes.
- Effective in increasing metabolic rate.
- Reduces risk of heart attack.
- Cures stomach disorder, constipation, indigestion, acidity.
- It is an excellent stomach exercise to lower down a high creatinine level in kidney patient. Effective to cure kidney disorder. In short kapalbhati pranayama improves the function of kidneys.
- Detoxifies our body and mind, due to forceful exhaling.
- Strengthens and clears respiratory system. Minimize the risks of infections and allergies in our respiratory system.
- Strengthens immune system.
- Brings flexibility in the diaphragm and make it strong. Reduce risk of developing hernias.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Cures breast cancer.
- Improves concentration and brings mental stability.
- Energizes the nervous system.
- Calms the mind and reduces stress, tension.
- Keep you happy, healthy, fit and fine.
Kapalbhati Pranayama Step
- Sit straight with your spine erect. Sit on a chair if it is not possible to sit on the ground.
- Take a deep breath (inhale).
- Exhale forcefully and quickly with a hissing sound. While exhaling or inhaling, the mouth should be closed.
- When you exhale (Breathe out) forcefully, your stomach should go deep inside as much as you can and while inhaling it should rise.
- Exhaling and inhaling should be done quickly.
- Do not concentrate or stress on inhaling. Concentrate on exhaling.
- Do not worry about inhaling because after exhaling, inhalation will happen naturally.
- Continue for 10 -15 breaths to complete 1 set of kapalbhati pranayama. Take a rest and then perform 2-3 more sets.
- Daily 15 minutes breathing exercise of kapalbhati in the morning or evening is enough to become healthy, fit and fine.
- Those who are fresher should practice kapalbhati slowly. Means 2-3 exhaling in 6 seconds.
- You can practice in the morning and evening also if possible, on an empty stomach.
Precautions for Kapalbhati
Kapalbhati pranayama (breathing exercise) is the best exercise to keep you fit and fine. But it is not recommended for everyone. According to experts, the certain disease may become complicated if it is practiced without expert guidance.
- People, those who are suffering from spinal disorders, cardiac problem and hernia should not practice kapalbhati breathing exercise.
- Women should not practice during or shortly after pregnancy as well as during menstruation.
- High blood pressure, stroke, and heart patient should practice kapalbhati slowly mean 1 exhalation in 2-3 seconds. It should be done under expert guidance.
4. Those suffering from respiratory system disorder should consult a doctor first before practice.
- Kapalbhati pranayama should be done on an empty stomach. Should practice 4 -5 hours before or after having food.
- If you feel dizzy or nauseous, you should stop or slow down the force. Relax and start breathing normally.