Do you know that you can lose weight with green tea at home without doing any exercise? Actually, green tea is most popular and healthiest beverage that contains essential nutrients and compounds which help you burn more calories. Let’s see how much and why you should drink green tea to lose weight naturally?
Why Green Tea to Lose Weight?
There are lot’s of home remedies to lose weight naturally and green tea is one of them. let’s see how green tea can help you lose weight fast?
Green Tea Contains
Green tea is a rich source of powerful antioxidants called flavonoids and catechins. It is also a rich source of bioactive substance like caffeine which acts as a stimulant and another bioactive compound like antioxidant Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) which boosts metabolism.
Green Tea Increases Fat Burning and Boosts Metabolism
The catechins, caffeine and Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) compounds of green tea boost the metabolism and the process of burning fat to release fat into the bloodstream. Actually, these compounds increase the amount of norepinephrine hormone which leads to burning more fat.
You can say that your nervous system uses this norepinephrine hormone as a signal to the fat cells, giving the order to fat cells to break more fat. That means more norepinephrine hormones means more fat gets broken down and releases fat into the bloodstream to makes it available as energy for muscles cells.
If you are doing exercises then the green tea will increase the rate of burning fat to lose weight fast.
Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
- Improves the function of brain
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Green tea boosts metabolism and burns more fat in short time
- Reduces the risk of cancer due to powerful antioxidants
- Reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Reduce risk of infection, kills bacteria to improve your dental health
- Lower down high blood sugar level and reduce risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Reduce risk of cardiovascular disease
- Lose weight fast
- Lower cholesterol level
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Improve overall health to live longer
How Much Green Tea Should We Drink?
According to the research green tea also contains caffeine which may lead to negative effects if you drink it in excess. Research says that drinking 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily is enough. One cup of green tea contains 25-35 mg caffeine. Actually how much green tea you should drink depends on your health so consult your doctor first to avoid complications.
How to Prepare Green Tea for Weight Loss?
- Heat 1 cup of water but do not boil it. Switch off the gas before water starts boiling.
- Add 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves in a hot water and leave it for 3 minutes. If you will wait for more than 3 minutes the tea will taste bitter.
- Now strain the mixture into a cup then drink.
- You can add honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice for good taste.
- Should not add sugar and milk.
Green Tea Warnings and Precautions
If you are going to drink green tea to lose weight then you should know that the green tea has it’s advantages and disadvantages also. You should know when and how much green tea you should drink. Let’s see what precautions you should take before drinking green tea?
- Avoid drinking green tea during pregnancy because it may increase the risk of miscarriage.
- Excess consumption of green tea may lead to osteoporosis (Bone thinning).
- Caffeine of green tea stimulates your brain and keep your awake. Avoid Green tea if you are suffering from insomnia (sleeping disorder).
- Those who are suffering from glaucoma should avoid drinking green tea. It increases the pressure of eyes which lead to blindness.
- If you are suffering from iron deficiency then please do not drink green tea. Green tea may lead to complications.
- Drink green tea after a meal. If you will drink it before a meal it may lead to acidity, stomach pain, constipation and nausea.
- Should not drink green tea on an empty stomach to avoid toxicity in the body.
- Excess consumption of green tea may lead to anxiety, liver problem, diabetes, diarrhea, constipation, heart problems, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- If you are already taking medicines on particular health problem then please consult your doctor before consuming green tea to avoid other complications.
[ Do Not Miss ]
“If you have more suggestions about drinking green tea to lose weight, feel free to post in the comment section below and do not forget to share.”