In Sanskrit “Manduka” means “Frog” and “Asana” means “Pose“. The final position of this pose resembles the shape of the frog so it is called as Mandukasana or frog pose. Mandukasana or frog pose is an excellent exercise to reduce acidity, burning belly fat and for improving thigh muscles.
Mandukasana Steps (Frog Pose)
- Sit in vajrasana pose.
- Inhale and place both your fists on your abdomen as shown in below image.
- Now, while exhaling press your fist against your abdomen and bend forward.
- Hold this position for 2 -3 minutes. Breathe normally and look in front of you.
- Now, while inhaling, release this pose to come back in vajrasana pose.
- Repeat this for 4-5 times.
Benefits of Mandukasana (Frog pose)
- Mandukasana improves the function of the pancreas. Produces quality of insulin hormone in the body to cure diabetes.
- Cures indigestion, acidity, and constipation.
- Reduces belly fat and control weight.
- Releases pain in ankles, knees, and toes.
- Strengthens thigh muscles.
- Improve function of reproductive systems.
- Helps to control blood pressure.
- Improves function of intestine, liver, kidney and heart.
- Reduces thigh fat, hips, and abdomen.
Precaution for Mandukasana (Frog Pose)
- Those who are suffering from ulcer severe back pain or undergone any abdomen surgery should not practice Mandukasana.
- Pregnant women should not practice.