In the list of sitting yoga poses, Dandasana is one of the easy yoga poses to practice. Dandasana is also known as Staff pose. Dandasana yoga pose is effective to improve posture, strengthen the spine, the digestion process and strengthen legs. Let’s see Dandasana benefits and steps.
Sanskrit Name – Dandasana
English Name – Staff Pose
Danda – Stick, Staff
Asana – Pose
Dandasana Yoga Pose Steps
- Sit on the ground in the position of Sukhasana.
- Stretch your legs as shown in above image.
- Now place your palms on the ground by the side of your hips.
- Bend your fingers of feet backward.
- Now keep your hands straight and press your palms against the floor. Keep your spine straight and stretch upwards.
- Keep breathing normally and try to hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Now release your pose and come back to starting position.
- Improves the body posture.
- Enhances concentration and calms the mind.
- Makes your spine flexible and strong.
- Strengthens your legs, spine, chest, and shoulders.
- Stretches your chest and shoulders.
- Improves the function of digestive system.
- Effective asana to relieve back problems.
- Stretches back muscles.
Precautions for Dandasana
- It should be done on an empty stomach.
- If you are suffering from lower back pain or wrist injury then avoid.
- Always practice under an expert guidance.