If you are suffering from irregular periods or irregular menstruation cycle, practicing yoga is the best choice to treat it. Regular practice of yoga asanas relieves menstrual pain and cures PCOS naturally. In this article, we are going to learn effective yoga exercises for irregular periods which are effective to improve the function of reproductive organs and regulate the irregular menstrual cycle.
Causes of Irregular Periods
- Low body weight is most common. Obesity (excessive weight gain), or weight loss cause irregular menstruation.
- Eating disorder
- Heavy exercises or more exercising. In athletes missed periods are common.
- Stress, depression
- Contraceptive pills cause irregularity in menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance in the body
- Thyroid disorder
- Drugs, Medications
- Early miscarriage
- Problems with womb or ovaries
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOC). Development of the cysts in the ovaries.
Benefits of Yoga for Irregular Periods
- Regular practice of yoga relieves pain during periods.
- Releases stress, tension, depression which helps to cure irregular menstruation.
- Calm the mind and body.
- Improves function of the reproductive system.
- Prevents and Cures Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOC).
- Regulate endocrine glands In the body to balance hormones.
Top 7 Yoga Exercises for Irregular Periods
How to Practice Vajrasana?
Vajrasana is a very simple asana which can be practiced any time. Only Vajrasana is the pose which you can be practiced after having your food.
- Sit on your heels by folding both the legs backward as shown in above image.
- Place your palms of hands on your thighs and sit straight.
- Now breathe slowly and deeply through both the nostrils and concentrate on your breathing for 2-3 minutes.
- Practicing seven pranayama (breathing exercises) regularly releases stress, tension, depression, and anxiety which cause menstrual disorder like irregular periods and PCOS.
- These seven pranayamas calms the minds, body, and soul.
- Boost your immune system and keep you away from all diseases.
- Improves the function of heart, liver, kidneys, brain and abdomen area.
[ Do Not Miss – Seven Pranayama Steps, Deep Yoga Breathing Exercises ]
- Baddhakonsana is one of the best yoga exercises for irregular periods. It is very effective pose to stimulate your abdomen organs as well as your reproductive system in men and women.
- Regular practice of baddhakonasana for one month cures PCOS naturally and regulate irregular periods effectively.
- Beneficial for pregnant women to ease childbirth.
- Releases stress, fatigue and anxiety.
[ More Details – Steps and Benefits of Baddhakonasana Yoga Pose]
- Stimulates and improves the function of reproductive organs.
- Relieve constipation and cure stomach disorder.
- Good for a diabetes patient to stimulate the pancreas to produce enough insulin hormone.
- It is an effective exercise to reduce belly fat.
How to Do Dhanurasana?
- Lie on your stomach.
- Fold your legs and hold your ankles with both the hand.
- While inhaling lift your chest and legs upwards as shown in the above image
- Hold your breath and hold this position for a few seconds
- Now, while exhaling release your pose and come in starting position
- Repeat this for 3-5 times.
[ More Details – Dhanurasana Steps and Benefits ]
5. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
You can say it is one of the best yoga exercises for irregular periods and PCOS. Regular practice of bhujangasana yoga pose helps to stimulate abdomen organs, ovarian function as well as cures the problem of PCOS naturally.
- Strengthens stomach muscles.
- Cures irregular menstruation cycle.
- Improves digestion process.
- Burns belly fat.
- Relieve back pain.
- Strengthens shoulders, arms, and lower back.
[ More Details – Steps and Benefits of Bhujangasana ]
6. Paschimottanasana Yoga pose
It’s a forward bend pose which provides complete stretch in your back side as well as strengthens yours abdomen organs and improves the function of reproductive organs. Paschimottansana is one of the effective yoga exercises for irregular periods and relieves menstrual pain.
How to Do Paschimottansana?
- Sit straight and stretch your both the legs in front of you.
- While exhaling bend forward slowly to touch your forehead to the knees.
- If possible try to touch your toes with the hands.
- Hold this position for a few seconds
- Then release this pose by coming in starting position.
- Repeat this cycle for 3-5 times. After a good practice, you can increase the duration.
[ More Details – Steps and Benefits of Paschimottanasana ]
7. Suryanamaskar (Sun salutation)
Suryanamaskar consists of 12 different yoga poses. Suryanamaskar for 10-15 minutes is like practicing more than 250 different yoga poses which give a complete body workout.
- It strengthens the overall body
- Improves flexibility
- Maintains hormonal balance
- Helpful in weight loss and turns your body in a good shape
- Effective to cure irregular periods
- Release stress and depression
- Cures stomach disorders like indigestion and constipation
1. Above yoga exercises for irregular periods should be done under an expert guidance.
2. Consult your doctor first to avoid other health complications.
[ Do Not Miss – Yoga Poses, Pranayama Steps, and Benefits ]