If you are suffering from stress, anxiety or depression, the first important thing is to find causes of stress and follow effective stress management techniques to overcome it. But what are the best ways to relieve stress, depression, and anxiety? In this article, we are going to learn these effective stress relief techniques.
One thing is sure that nothing is permanent in this life. Always there is a solution to any type of problem. Without doing anything, things are not going to change and it may lead to worse conditions. Now obviously you will think that how to deal with stress and anxiety? What are the signs and symptoms of stress?
Best Ways to Relieve Stress Depression and Anxiety Quickly
When you are stressed or anxious, try these best stress management techniques to reduce signs and symptoms of stress.
1. Identify Cause of Your Stress
First, identifying the cause of stress is one of the best ways to relieve stress. If you will understand the exact cause of your stress it will be very easy to reduce it. To relieve your stress you can take help of your friends or you can take the advice of professionals to find a quick solution to reduce stress.
2. Accept the Things Which You Can’t Change
There are many things which you can’t control or change like death, illness, recession and behavior of other people. In this situation, the best way to cope your stress is to accept things as they are. It is one of the best stress management techniques you should follow. May be it is difficult for you, but it is good for you. “Hence it is best to control things which you can and forget about which is not in under control.”
For example, if you feel insecure in your current job, then start searching for a new one rather than taking tension and stressing over it.
3. Learn to Say “No”
Understand your limits first and stick to them. If you are going to handle more than your capacity, then it is sure that you are going to suffer a lot of stress. So it is better to say “no” which is the best way to avoid stress.
4. Avoid People Who Cause Stress
It is better to avoid those people who cause stress consistently in your life. Stop meeting them or limit the amount of time you spend with them. Spend time with good people and talk about positive things.
5. Regular Exercises
Going for a morning walk, running, gym or practicing easy yoga poses regularly is one of the best ways to relieve your stress, depression, and anxiety. It helps you to maintain your health and makes you fresh. It increases your strength, stamina, and positive energy. Most important, it will reduce your emotional intensity.
[ Do Not Miss – Benefits of Running Everyday ]
6. Deep Breathing Exercises for Stress
Always practice seven pranayama (yoga deep breathing exercises) in the morning and evening to relieve your stress and anxiety.
- Pranayama calms the mind, body, and soul
- Releases stress, anxiety, tension and depression quickly.
- Increases positive energy.
- Controls your blood pressure.
- Cures problems of the heart.
- Builds your immune system.
Seven Pranayama Breathing Exercises for Stress and Anxiety
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Bahya pranayama
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Bharmari Pranayama
- Udgeeth Pranayama
- Pranav Pranayama
Practicing deep yoga breathing exercise regularly in the morning or evening is one of the best ways to relieve stress, depression, and anxiety. Hence at least do not forget to practice yoga breathing exercises.
7. Get Enough Sleep
Taking enough sleep calms the mind and body which is the best way to cope with stress. It will release your stress, fatigue, and tiredness. If the body will not get enough sleep when you are tired, it will increase your stress, so it is better to take enough sleep.
8. Listen to Good Music
According to research listening good music for half an hour helpful to reduce stress effectively and refresh your mood.
9. Laughing to Reduce Stress
Laughter is the best medicine for instant stress relief. To cope your stress, you must include this in your stress management techniques. Watching comedy movies, funny videos, reading jokes, are the best ways of coping with stress.
10. Playing With Kids or Pets
Spending time with kids or pets is one of the best ways to relieve stress quickly in 10 minutes.
Benefits of Playing with kids or pets
1. Relaxes your mind and body
2. Reduces your high blood pressure
Those 2 benefits play an important role in preventing and reducing stress.
11. Take a Nap
If possible, take a nap for 10-20 minutes if you are stressed or anxious. According to research 10-20 minute nap reduces cortisol (stress hormone) level, which is one of the best ways to relieve stress. Also, it refreshes your mood and increases your productivity.
12. Benefits of Massage for Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
A 30-minute massage
- Reduces cortisol level (stress hormone) and increase serotonin in your body which helps to boost immunity, fight with pain, sadness, and anxiety.
- Generate confidence.
- Calms your mind and relaxes your whole body.
- Refreshes your mood
13. Relieve Stress with a Hug
Hugging is one of the best ways to cope with stress, depression, and anxiety.
A 10 seconds hug a day
- Brings biochemical and physiological changes in your body which play an important role to improve your health.
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Reduces risk of heart disease.
- Boost your immune system.
- Fights infections.
- Release fatigue.
14. Keep Smiling to Reduce Stress
Smiling makes you feel better. It not only reduces your stress but also reduces the stress of people around you. Smiling is a good way to connect more people.
15. Chew Gum
According to the study, chewing gum helps to reduce cortisol level (stress hormone) which helps to reduce stress.
16. Think Positive
Negative thinking or worry always causes stress.
- Actually, positive people or positive attitude always sees an opportunity in any problems and find solutions to solve problems rather than blaming on the situation.
- Positive people reduce stress easily.
- Positive attitude motivates you to achieve your goals easily.
Hence, in all stress management techniques, positive thinking is most important and it is one of the best ways to relieve stress and depression.
17. Help Other People
Helping other people is one of the best technique to reduce your stress easily because it helps to forget your stress as well as it makes you happy.
18. Follow Healthy Life Style
Smoking, alcohol or caffeine might provide temporary relief in your stress but won’t give you a permanent solution to solve your problems. So it is better to avoid those things and find the better solution to relieve your stress. Eat healthy and live healthy.
19. Meditate in Quiet Place if Possible
Meditating regularly is still one of the best ways to relieve stress, depression, and anxiety.
20. Manage Your Work
Work smarter, not harder. If you are in the office or home, complete your high priority task first. Break your work or projects in small steps so you can focus properly to complete it step by step.
[ Do Not Miss – Managing Stress in the Workplace ]
What are The Major Causes of Stress?
- Work atmosphere in the office
- Workload and busy schedule
- Relationship and social stress
- Financial problems
- Not being organized
Effects of Stress on the Body
Physical Signs and Symptoms of Stress
- Hair loss
- Joint and muscle pain
- Skin problems
- Forgetting things
- Lack of concentration
- Loss of sexual desire
- Weak immunity, Frequent cold, and cough
- Stomach pain
- Sleeping disorder
- Indigestion, constipation or upset stomach
- Chest pain and rapid heartbeat
- Excess sweating
- Dry mouth and difficulty in swallowing
- Teeth problems
- Low energy
Emotional Signs and Symptoms of Stress
- Get frustrated, irritated, agitated easily
- Feeling lonely and worthless
- Avoid social life
- Lose control easily
- Feel depressed
- Loss of energy and enthusiasm
- Often changes in mood
- Eating less or too much
- Find difficult to solve even small problems also
- Cannot focus on work or task
- Always feel that bad things are going to happen.
- Cannot take decisions.
Effect of Stress on Your Behavior
- Overeating or eating less
- Addiction of alcohol, tobacco
- Problems with the relationship
- Social withdrawal
Keep in mind that if you noticed any of those above signs and symptoms of stress can be caused by other medical, psychological or health conditions. It does not mean that you are suffering from stress.
After all, following a healthy lifestyle, regular exercise, and positive thinking are the best ways to relieve stress, depression, and anxiety easily.
“If you have more suggestions about reducing stress, feel free to post in the comment section below and do not forget to share.”